Teaching and presentations
Present and ongoing teaching activities
Radboud Summer School
- Internet and Social Media in Journalism (CWM4032) 2013-, Department of communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Supervising master theses (Journalism, news and political communication (CWM4005) 2015-, Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Media, (sub)culture and community (CWB2006) 2012-2016, Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Bachelor thesis research project: social media research (CWB3036) 2014-2016, Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
In company training
- Analyzing data with R, for beginners or advanced level (for more information please email Maurice Vergeer)
Past teaching activities
- Persuasion in the social context (CWM4020) 2013-2014, Department of communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Research design: Social network analysis (CWM4035) 2013-2015, Department of communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- The collection of structural macro data (RMSS106) 2007-2008 Research Master NISCO, Radboud University Nijmegen (Lectures in English)
- Comparative communication research (SCS106) 2008-2009 Research Master NISCO, Radboud University Nijmegen (Lectures in English)
- Conducting Research 3: Large-scale surveys on media use (CWB3015) (themes: cultivation analysis and television, online social capital and media) 2005-2008
- ICT: Internet and Research (CWM4006) 2006-2008 Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Internet Research (MTM4023) 2009-2010 Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Internet and Research (CWM4018) 2010-2012 Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Internet and Social Media (CWM4019) 2012-2013 Department of communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Supervising Master theses (Media and Society) (CWM4005) (2005-2010 / 2012-2014), Department of Communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Capita Selecta: Society and the Internet Lectures 2009-2010 Visiting professor at the University YeungNam, Gyeongsan, South Korea. (lectures in English)
- Electoral political campaigns on the Web in South Korea and Europe Lectures and workshops 2009-2010 Visiting professor at the University YeungNam, Gyeongsan, South Korea. (lectures in English)
- Marketing Research 1998-1999 Lectures and practical methods and techniques, Department of Methods and Techniques KUN
- Media, journalism and media policy (2010-2014), Department of communication, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Conducting Research 1: Content Analysis - CW (CWB1005) (theme: political campaigns, Internet, social media, journalism) 2008-2009/2011-2012 Lectures and workshops RU, department of Communication
- Statistics A: descriptive statistics and evaluative introduction to statistical methods, department of Methods and Techniques KUN 1996-2001 Workshops and techniques
- Policy Analysis and Intervention Methodology Lectures 1999-2001 KUN section methods and techniques, department of Methods and Techniques, Faculty of Management Science.
- Designing Research Lectures and workshops 1999-2000 KUN section Methods and Techniques, Faculty of Management Science (lectures in English)
- Designing Research: Research and Methods Lectures and workshops 1999-2001 KUN Faculty of Management Science, Department of Methods and Techniques, jointly for Law and Management Training (lectures in English)
- Social Science Information skills A: SPSS 1996-1998 Workgroups KUN Department of Methods and Techniques
- Social Science Information skills B: Internet / Network Workgroups 1997-1998 KUN Department of Methods and Techniques
- Learning project I: large-scale field research 1992-1995 Lectures and workshops KUN Department of Communication
- Problem structuring in organizations Lectures, KUN 1998-2000, Academy of Business Administration and Scientific Knowledge, the Business School of the Faculty of Management Sciences
- System dynamics and group model building. Lectures 1998-1999, KUN Academy of Scientific Knowledge Management and Business, the Business School of the Faculty of Management Sciences
- Research designing and SPSS 1999 Workshops at the HEAO Arnhem
- Supervising bachelor thesis 2006-2008 Workgroups guiding students in developing and designing the bachelor thesis
Guest lectures and workshops
- Weizenbaum Institut, Berlin, Germany: research fellow, five day R course on social media analysis. October, 2018.
- Disclaimer: Meant to provoke [Disclaimer: Bedoeld om te prikkelen], presentation held at St. Hubertusforum, organized by the Gelderland provincial council, September 2018
- Atma Jaya University in Jakarta and Yogjakarta, Indonesia, October, 2016.
- University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy. Erasmus program visit. March, 2018
- Singapore, conference organized by Konrad Adenauer Stiftung. September, 2017.
- Shanghai, China, Invited by the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, September, 2014.
- Invited lecture at Australian National University, August 3rd, 2012. See my blogpost.
- Social media and "Bring Your Own Device", CIO Roundtable, invited by IDG. October 2012. See my blogpost.
- Invited lecture October 2011 for campaign managers of the European People's Party, in Belgrade, Serbia. See Slideshare
- Online political communication. South Korean practices in an international perspective. NESO/Nuffic Korea, Seoul. June 2011. See Slideshare.
- National Information Society Agency (NIA), Seoul South Korea, October 2009.
- Internet and social capital 2006 Guest Lectures Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Media concentration in European Countries 2006 Guest Lecture Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Scientific Communication Issues (CWB1004) 2006-2009 Guest Lecture RU, department of Communication
- Learning Media: Syntax and Landscape (CWB1003): Web 2.0 from 2008 to 2009 guest lecture RU, Department of Communication
- Invited speech 2001. Bureau racial discrimination (www.lbr.nl)
- Sampling and coding of websites in political campaigns
I acquired the basic and extended University Teaching Qualification (BKO/UKO), required to teach at Universities in the Netherlands.